Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Genius Hour- Chunk 3 and 4....Success!

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind but through it all I have managed to finish the third and fourth chunks of the ASL alphabet using my app and website resources! I was able to learn and memorize the letters from 'P' all the way to 'Z'. I used my breaks between school and work to quickly review a few letters at a time and practice making the signs with my hands. However, I did have a roadblock. From my prior knowledge on ASL I had thought that I knew the sign for the letter 'r'. As it turns out, that sign actually represents 'x' (see below). I had a hard time remembering this when it came to performing all of the signs of the alphabet in sequence as it was a habit for me to use this sign for 'r'. After many sessions of practice, (before bed, when bored in class, etc.) I can now say I can successfully sign the ASL alphabet!
Image result for asl x

No comments:

Post a Comment